This workshop will provide a hands-on introduction to the widely-used SPSS statistical analysis package. Participants will learn how to import, manage and transform datasets, and how to summarise and present data. The workshop will also include a basic introduction to statistical testing using SPSS.
Researchers looking to start using SPSS for basic data analysis and reporting. The workshop is relevant for all disciplines, although examples and exercises will be based around clinical datasets.
Attendees must provide their own SPSS licence (most QCIF member universities have institution-wide licences available for staff and students).
- Import data from other sources into SPSS
- Manage data within SPSS, including cleaning and transforming data
- Generate plots, figures and tables summaries of the data using the SPSS GUI
- Carry out simple inferential statistical tests
- Introduction to SPSS
- Importing Data into SPSS
- Data Management and Cleaning
- Derived Variables and Transformations
- Descriptive Statistics and Data Presentation
- Basic Introduction to Statistics Tests