Dominique (Dom) Gorse joined the Queensland Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics (QFAB), now QCIF Bioinformatics, in 2007. As Director of QCIF Data Science and QCIF Bioinformatics, he provides technical, operational and management leadership to ensure successful delivery of customised analytics solutions to unlock the full value of large-scale biological and clinical data sets.
Dom has more than 20 years’ experience in software development, information management, data mining and data modelling applied to life science and health.
Over the years, he has developed expertise in using Agile project management methodologies for the efficient delivery of quality projects and their alignment with researchers’ expectations.
- Multi-omics integration
- Sensitive data and governance
- Machine learning and feature selection methods
- Cheminformatics, molecular diversity and library design
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Queensland, 2012
- PhD in Computational Science, University of Bordeaux (France), 1993
- MPhil in Physical Science and Informatics, University of Bordeaux (France), 1989
- Senior Member of the Australian Computer Society, Certified Professional
- Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Digital Health.