QCIF will showcase its services in person to researchers at its seven member institutions in September.
All researchers are encouraged to attend the free QCIF Roadshow to hear presentations by researchers about what they have been able to achieve with services and support provided by QCIF and their university’s research computing teams.
QCIF Skills Development Manager Dr Mark Crowe said the Roadshow will highlight to researchers the wide range of benefits of using research computing: “Be it getting advice at Hacky Hour about how to safely store data, to accessing thousands of hours on NCI’s supercomputer for data analysis,” he said.
The QCIF Roadshow schedule is as follows:
- JCU Cairns: Monday, 6 September, 10am–11:30am. Register
- CQU Rockhampton: Tuesday, 7 September, 10am–11:30am. Register
- UQ St Lucia: Thursday, 9 September, 10am–11:30am. Register
- QUT Kelvin Grove: Thursday, 9 September, 2:30pm–4pm. Register
- Griffith Gold Coast: Wednesday, 15 September, 10am–11:30am. Register
- USQ Springfield:
Wednesday, 15 September, 2:30pm–4pm.Postponed till later in the year.
- USC Sippy Downs: Thursday, 16 September, 10:30am–12pm. Register
Click on the ‘Register’ links above for venue information.
Please register ASAP for your local event. Registering will help us inform you if your local event is cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions.